PLEASE NOTE: TOUR DEADLINE IS EVERY TUESDAY AT 9:00 A.M.
IF THE ASSOCIATION IS CLOSED ON A MONDAY, WHICH IS A HOLIDAY, THE TOUR
DEADLINE WILL BE EXTENDED TO 10:00 A.M. ON TUESDAY. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
REGARDING THE TOUR, PLEASE CALL THE ASSOCIATION OFFICE AT (530) 676-0161
OR (916) 933-3223.
- Your listing must be "input" on tour into the Prospector system
before 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, the
week of the Tour. The deadline is extended only if there is a Monday
holiday, the time is then extended to 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
- Add-ons shall not be allowed.
- Tour sheets will be available at the EDCAR office late Tuesday morning,
and at the weekly tour meetings. Also on the member side under weekly
- Please note that certain areas are toured less often than others.
Please check the monthly tour agenda to see when these areas are toured.
- Re-tours are limited to the following: price change (minimum
5% reduction price) or major modification to the home such as
new flooring. If a home is to be re-toured, that information should
be stated in the comments on the tour sheet.
- In order to afford people more time to attend open houses, the homes
on tour must be open from 9:15 a.m.
and remain open until 1:00 p.m. Either the agent,
an assistant, the owner, or a lock box will be available in order
for agents to view the home.
- An "Open House" sign must be in front of
the property. Agents should not
enter a house if the "Open House" sign is missing (this does not apply
to the Pollock Pines).
- Tour is established for residential family homes. New construction
should be ready to move into. Driveway should be in.
- Only REALTORS® are to pitch homes. Affiliates are not to pitch
homes or say "it's a go" for a REALTOR®. If you cannot be present
at the tour meeting, you should ask another REALTOR® to make
comments about the property. If no one is present at the tour meeting,
the home will be scratched.
- Card Appraisals (asking other REALTORS® what they think about
the price or mailing a tour response card asking about price) are
not allowed in El Dorado County.
- Some REALTORS® serve refreshments or provide a drawing for
those who have toured their open houses. If you have a drawing, you
need to attend the very next tour meeting in order to award the drawing.
Any card included in the group of cards to be drawn from, is eligible
to win the drawing. If you are unable to attend the meeting, you must
give the prize and the cards to an associate or the tour director
and ask them to hold the drawing.
- RESPA regulations prohibit some Affiliates from providing refreshments
at tour meetings. If you are unsure about certain regulations please
contact the Association.
- Please make sure that you place your listing in the correct zone
and that remarks are appropriate.
- If you have a special announcement related to the real estate industry,
please arrive at the tour meetings 10 minutes prior to the beginning
and advise the tour director of your announcement. They will make
the determination if the announcement is appropriate.
- A schedule of tour dates, list of tour locations and names and phone
numbers of tour directors are available at the Association office
and at the tour meetings.
- Please note: these REALTOR®/Affiliate Tour Meetings are sponsored
by EDCAR and are open to EDCAR REALTORS® and REALTOR® members
of other Associations and to EDCAR Affiliates only. A member may bring
a guest who is not a member to one meeting. Guests may be introduced
but are asked to refrain from speaking at the meeting.
of consideration to your fellow participants, please turn off your
cell phones and pagers during the meeting. All those whose cell phones
or pagers go off, will be asked to donate $10.00 to the Sunshine Fund.